Tuesday, August 16, 2011


The Wedding.... June 10, 2011

The wedding day was perfect. I woke up at 7 and took my little sister Kelsi with me to get my hair done, when we got back I ate breakfast and played with my nieces until it was time to go to the temple. I don't think either of us were really ever nervous, just more excited. We got married at the Bountiful Temple at 11:15 a.m. When leaving the temple everyone, and I mean everyone had made a huge tunnel for us to go under. We took some pictures and mostly just enjoyed the day. The weather was perfect, not hot with a little breeze.

After the Temple, we had enough time to go visit my grandpa at the old folks home. He was wearing a burnt orange shirt to match our colors and he looked pretty snazzy. While I changed from my dress Dan flirted with all the little old ladies there and they absolutely loved him. The biggest advice I got for the wedding day was to make sure you eat. For most people they are so stressed and excited and overwhelmed they don't eat. Well we were calm and were definitely going to eat, in fact....we ate a delicious cheese burger, fries and root beer from Apollo Burger.

When we got to the house we realized we still had plenty of time, so I changed into pajamas and we ordered a bunch of Pizza's. Our photographer showed up and pictures went so fast we didn't know what to do with the rest of our time so some played hacky-sac, some slept, others had a headstand contest and all the little kids played. I loved that, we were able to enjoy every minute of the day.

The Reception:

We had the reception in my backyard from 7-9 p.m. I always knew it would be there and all I really wanted was lots of candles and good weather. Everything went even better than planned. Even though it was June I wanted a fall look so our colors were burnt orange and sage green. I told our florist the colors and let her do whatever she wanted, the flowers turned out amazing. We had really good food and even an ice-cream bar.
People started showing up and I was back in my pajamas so I threw my dress on and we ran outside. It was so fun seeing everyone that has been in our lives, every conversation was a blast. For about 3 minutes the sky got cloudy and the wind picked up, knocking over one of our pictures, but then it was gone. There were still clouds but it was perfect because it made it so it wasn't hot and when it got darker you could see all the candles and the tiki torches where we stood. Our great photographer decided to steal us during a break in the line and we snuck to the back pond where we went canoeing and nearly fell over. It was my favorite part of the night. All of a sudden it was 9 and we were being told to cut the cake. I couldn't believe that the day had gone so fast. I had always hated the smashing of the cake into the face and my mom absolutely hated it even more. I told Dan I would be mad if he did it. Somehow I couldn't help myself when I fed him the cake. The temptation took over and the rest is history. When we went to leave Dan had forgotten about the "official leaving" and so here I was, in a dress and he in his jeans, I never thought about getting rice, flowers, sparklers, etc... we really didn't care...we did however, leave in the golf cart.....It was the perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment