Monday, August 15, 2011


FIRSTS:

First date:
27th of February, 2009 - There was a guy named Dan, he was pretty cool, we'd briefly crossed paths a few times. Mike had told me that he cooked him a delicious meal after only meeting him twice. Michael thinking to himself "heck yes free food. impressive he offered to make lunch" So I was sold. Well, he tried to play it cool and wait a few weeks before asking me out but when we had only known each other for a short time, he asked me out. But I was torn! I had plans to go to the MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice concert that Friday night. What to do? On one hand there's the man that no one can touch. On the other other hand a man that everyone has touched. What to do? Parachute pants or tan tight abs? or Dan.... Well, I decided to go with Dan, or as I used to call him back then Rico Suave. The date was pretty simple, a group of Dan's friends got together and we all made pizzas from scratch. Everyone stuck to traditional designs but Dan and I decided to think outside the box. We went with a snowboarding on a tropical island design. This photograph is proof of our awesomeness. After chowing down half the pizza we decided to hit the town! So we went to one of Logan's finer establishments (super wal-mart) and decided to play games. Everyone in the group wussed out because they were afraid of getting in trouble, but Dan and I continued playing. After we got done for the night Dan walked me home. I didn't get to see the Iceman nor the Hammer but I still had fun with Dan...luckily it was worth it :)

First time we knew we were more than just friends:

My Side:

One night in about October I had just finished up at the library in time to head to the TSC on campus for the showing of the new Harry Potter, after getting there and sitting by Dan I started to realize he was seriously awesome...a few nights later we had been hanging out with friends. I decided to go home around two a.m. and as I was walking home it started to rain. He called me and suggested we go slip 'n sliding on Old Main Hill. So of course we did, and it was freezing. Afterward we decided to drive around, we came across an old man (it was about 5:30 a.m by then) and we gave him a ride since it was dark and cold. The ride home I knew that I liked Dan more than just a friend. I was so mad.


His side:

From the get go Lj and I hit it off and so I always thought she was awesome! We were adventure buddies and would do the most random things together. Pretty much if either of us had any spare time we were finding an adventure to go on! But, I never looked at her as anything other than a good friend. We just had so much fun together, plus I always thought she was out of my league, so why make things awkward. Well, one night (after many years of friendship…. okay it was after knowing her for a year) we were Rolla blazing to our friend’s apartment. As we were making our way through a church parking lot Lj was telling me something so of course I was actively listening. While we talked I noticed that on this particular day she decided to wear what she calls her “Fat Suit,” which consists of a baggy set of sweats and a big sweat shirt. Her awesome attire was also accompanied by her always fashionable messy bun! She just looked ridiculous (not in a bad way just in a funny way), and as we roller bladed I laughed and thought to myself “I like her”. After that, I decided I would work towards making her mine. Many people said it wouldn't happen (including Lj) but I was victorious and now she is stuck with me.

First Kiss:
It had only been about two days since he and his ex had decided to end things when Dan, me and our friend were hanging out at my apartment. They both fell asleep and I went into my room and was lying on the floor reading the newspaper when he came in. Our friend was sound asleep...snoring actually, when he decided that would be a great time for our first kiss. Pretty romantic ;)

First I love you:

My favorite story....It might sound weird but I had a walk in closet in my room at Oakridge and I always felt like it was a fort. So one night we were just hanging out in "the fort" and Dan fell asleep (old man). I was working on some homework and suddenly he said "I love you"...it hadn't been that long since we had started dating and it was still a little weird getting used to, however, I thought it was hilarious because he woke up and was totally embarrassed. He likes to forget that story and say the first time he said I love you was in the Spring of 2010. He said, "I don't want to freak you out so you don't have to respond but, I think I love you" I thought it was cute. Took me a few more weeks to realize I loved him as well...Took a lot for me to say it but I finally told him I loved him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment