Monday, August 15, 2011


ThE pRoPoSaL:
January 16, 2011


When we started out as friends we had a little joke that Dan was going to win my heart over...being the ladies man he was, and me not interested in dating it was a funny combo. So one night he showed up at my window in the middle of the night and started serenading me with the "I wanna grow old with you" song by Adam Sandler from Wedding Singer. I was laughing and embarrassed I couldn't even look at him so I sat on my bed instead, afterward he tried to explain how it was a much funnier idea in his head...I mocked him for weeks. I learned my lesson. He only had one sweater in Logan and I decided to be a nice friend and make him one so he wouldn't freeze...So I went to Walmart, bought a sweater and terribly sewed a huge heart from pirate material. Same as him....I thought it was a much funnier idea in my head.

It was early Sunday morning of January 16, 2011. He was visiting one last time before he went to Peru for three months on an internship. We were just hanging out, I was in pajamas, messy hair and not showered when he told me he would be back. I could hear his heart pounding a mile away....I sat in the dark and heard car alarms going off and I knew it had to be him. A few minutes later I heard a knock on my window. I opened it up and there he was, t-shirt and pajama pants sitting in the snow at 2 a.m in the middle of January in Logan with his guitar. He said he wanted to try it again and so he played the "I wanna grow old with you" song once again...This time, I didn't really laugh at him. Afterward he asked me to marry him. I said yes and kept talking since it was after all an exciting event. He then asked me if he could come in, he was cold. And that's that...simple, no frills, nothing dramatic, but perfect. Four days later he left for three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment