Monday, September 15, 2014

ALASKA
August 16-24

My dad loves Alaska. He tries to go one to two times a year and this year he invited my two sisters to go with him. Last second my sister couldn't go and I was the only one available (poor me). So I quickly packed my bags and off we went!

We flew in to Juneau and then we took a small airplane to the Pybus Point Lodge. There was a huge storm, mixed with motion sickness mixed with pregnancy and I threw up on the small plane, luckily we got a bag last minute ha ha. We spent the next 5 days deep sea fishing. We caught Sea Bass, Salmon, Halibut, Quill Back, Red Snapper and a few other things as well. The fishing was amazing and we were always catching things! We would be fishing 400 ft into the water and reeling it up with a fish was not easy (especially with this belly!) So Staci and I became a great team. I do admit that one time I tipped over on the front of the boat and couldn't get up...with my big green overalls I felt like a seal, it was really funny. While we were fishing we would see porpoises, and seals everywhere!

One night we took the kayaks out and we saw a momma bear with her cub fishing for salmon (which were jumping all over the place!) There were eagles and waterfalls...I literally felt like I was in "Brother Bear". It was an amazing experience! The last day we went whale watching and stopped at a really cool light house. We even went to see a glacier which was so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment