Wednesday, August 14, 2013



Grand Canyon
Day 6: Sunday 14

We finished our river rafting with one last class 10 wave. Dan and Staci were some of the ones on front and once again I was astounded they were able to stay on! It was a great way to end. After that, we all flew out on a helicopter ride, I got shotgun and Dan was in the window seat. It was so cool flying over the Grand Canyon! We then got to a small ranch where we were able to shower and change our clothes and eat lunch there.

Kissing the anvil rock, the girls kiss it for good passage
Not Ready to be off the river...
 Our helicopter group
Dan and Bob...and some creeper in the back...
The view from the helicopter to the boats below
It was such a cool ride!
Some of the girls with our helicopter guide, after our first clean, warm shower
    
We then loaded onto a small 19 person plane which I was really excited for until I started to get really motion sick, I ended up throwing up but it was still a really cool flight! Then Dan and I headed back for an 8 hour drive to Logan. Randomly we were driving on a back road and looked over to see our friends Rachel and DJ in the car next to us which was so serendipitous! It was an adventure and I will treasure the memories! A week without any technology, phones, tv, computers, work, mirrors, makeup, showers etc….It was so nice and it made me realize how much time is wasted when there is a whole world out there to discover!

Ready for our last plane ride before our 8 hour drive home
We were not on the same plane as the rest of the Bishop clan but I can only imagine how that was
Beautiful view of the Grand Canyon from the small air plane
 
It was a lot of fun until I got motion sick and threw up

No comments:

Post a Comment