Wednesday, August 14, 2013



Grand Canyon
Day 3: Thursday 11

This was the biggest day for waves. We hit some class 8 and up to class 10 waves which were nuts! I was able to jump up front for the biggest one called Hermit. It rocked us! The waves were 15-20 foot waves that just pounded you but you couldn’t get that kind of thrill anywhere else! We were basically cold and wet from 7:30 a.m-4:30 p.m. Everyone was shivering but it was worth it! Dan rode the biggest of the day called Crystal rapid. It was a pretty dangerous wave and they got slammed! I for sure thought we would lose someone. There were a few times we all came close! Later that day I rode a pretty big wave on the very front and almost got ripped of the boat but my dad caught me with enough time to grab the handle. Dan rode another huge one that hit them from the side, he was completely covered and I couldn’t believe he was able to hold on!

Ready to go! Apparently I look like an Asian tourist
 The rain rolls in...dun dun dun
 We almost lost them
 It was very cold
Taking another bath in the river. Freezing

No comments:

Post a Comment