Monday, October 1, 2012

Hola Mexico!
Sept. 14-17

Dan got a call early Friday morning and was told that his grandpa had passed away. He lived in Mexico and Dan would tell me great stories about him. So we decided to go to the funeral. We both had to work so right after work we hurried and grabbed our stuff and headed out for a 18 hour drive one way to Mexico for a quick weekend. 10:30 a.m. Dan decided we're going to Mexico....5:00 p.m. We are on the road.
We drove Friday night to St George and then got up at 5:30 a.m. to continue driving. We were able to stop in San Diego and see Brandon, Chelsea and their little 2 month old Navy. Then we drove all Saturday to Mexico. It was cool, I have never driven there so it was fun to drive through all the towns and to see the pretty coastline.
Saturday night we got there a little late from stopping so much. We were able to see all of Dan's family and his Parent's community. I don't speak Spanish very well but everyone was so nice. Sunday we were able to go to church, eat at little taco stands, go to the beach (I went clam digging for the first time!) and then we went to the viewing which was a new experience, I was excited to see more of the Mexican culture and I told Dan that I want to go back for more cultural experiences.
Monday we had to be gone by 7:00 a.m. since we had to make it back to Logan that night. It is about an 18 hour drive but with stops and things it took us about 20 hours if not longer because there was a 2 hour wait just to get through the border. I had to go to the bathroom and we were almost to the official border but I ran anyway. I couldn't find the car again and wandered right up to where cars are supposed to stop to be searched and I told the guards I lost my car, it was actually really funny. Luckily as I was on my way to the walk through section I saw Dan, a little nervous that I had gotten lost in Mexico.
Dan drove to San Diego but the night before he had been throwing up and super sick, we later found out that a lot of people there had gotten sick. I gave him some Tylenol p.m. so he could get some sleep and he slept from San Diego to Logan, waking up on occasion to eat and go to the bathroom. I drank an energy drink and listened to about 4 hours of drive time Spanish until we finally pulled up to our apartment at 4:00 a.m. We both had to be up at 7:30 a.m. and we are both beat but man was it a great road-trip!

2 countries
4 states
over 2200 miles.....good weekend!

Finally home....



*pictures are scarce since I lost my camera but I have a few to post when I can get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment