Thursday, May 17, 2012

Back East Trip: Pt. 1
April 13-28


When Staci went out to SVU for school I really wanted to drive her out there. I LOVE road-trips and I will travel every moment I can. So when Dan suggested we should fly out to Virginia and drive her back to Utah after she finished school I was all about it! We never really planned anything but one day my dad called and asked if I would be interested in going to a dinner with Condoleeza Rice! She is such an amazing woman and I've always wanted to hear her speak in person. The ball got rolling and soon Mike and Michelle decided to join us. We flew in late on Friday the 13th and went to what we thought was our cousins house because Staci was "almost positive" luckily we got out of there before we scared the couple half to death. Saturday we went to the Holocaust Museum, American History Museum, and the BYU dinner with Conoleeza Rice. It was amazing! She spoke of the true meaning of Democracy and Freedom. One of my favorite things she said that night was how it is not the government's job to have compassion. It is the citizens job to care for one another. I wish I could repeat her whole speech! 



Holocaust Museum:


American History Museum


Hanging out at the Washington Monument

Dinner with Conoleezza Rice



Sunday we went to the Air and Space Museum, National Archives where the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights are, and after dropping Staci off at Union Station we drove to New York!!


National Archives

We spent 2 days in New York walking, exploring, and seeing pretty much everything we could possibly fit in. We stayed in the heart of Times Square


Mikes bed for the night in New York

Monday We went to Liberty Island, Ellis Island, Wall Street, 9/11 Memorial, and dessert with the Pomerantz's.


9/11 Memorial

Wall Street 

Occupy Wall Street 

Tuesday we went to Central Park, the Temple, Metropolitan Museum, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Spider-man on Broadway then we drove to Philadelphia

We rented sail boats





Empire State Building

Rockefeller Center- The ice was melting and it was so wet


1 comment:

  1. You need to put all these pictures on facebook so I can comment on each picture and not write a novel comment on the whole post :)

    ReplyDelete