Thursday, February 6, 2014

Gun Show & Half Marathon
November 15-16

Friday night we went to a fundraiser for AMAR, it is to help Iraqi children. It was a unique fundraiser but I thought it was really cool. We were able to shoot some amazing guns and see a 500 pound pumpkin explode. I enjoy shooting but am not a master gunman so it was really fun to see my dad, Bryan and Dan get excited about them.

The Grandmaster shot the gun first...it was a lot louder than we anticipated
 Brent getting ready to shoot the big gun!
 It is always fun trying out new things!
 Kelsi found the camera
 Dan Shooting another gun, I shot it as well, it's so accurate I finally hit a target ha ha
We were able to get a tour of the convoy
 This gun was HUGE!
 Dan was a perfect shot with the machine gun, Bryan got a big kick back ha ha
The Great Pumpkin meets its demise!
 
We spotted a train and had to climb aboard. Kelsi was scared we would get caught

Saturday we finished our first ever half marathon. Honestly I never thought we would do one or that I could possibly run that much since I have always hated running. I dreaded it, but we got there and once it started I started to feel better about it. Around miles 7-9 our knees were hurting but we pushed on and we finished! The last two miles seemed endless since we pushed ourselves. Dan finished far ahead of me at 1 hour and 54 minutes, I came in at 2 hours and 12 minutes for a total of 13.2 miles! It was a blast and we have decided we will be doing more! We are accomplishing things we never thought we would do so I am excited to see how far we can push ourselves!

We did it! We were cold, wet and sore but it was so worth it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment