Sunday, September 8, 2013

Triathlon Round  2
September 7, 2013

After our first triathlon we were all on a high and I really wanted to do another one. Well Dan found one being held at Yuba Lake and we all jumped on board, though I don't think any of us felt ready for this one. Aubrey and my Mom had to drop out since Aubrey made the Viewmont High School volleyball team and my mom got hurt skiing while boating (tough life). Luckily Josh and Betsy wanted to do one so they jumped on board. Dan also convinced his brother Hector and his friend Alex to do it as well.

We got to the hotel late and had to get up early so we were really tired, especially since Dan has been working so much. We got to the lake right as the sun was coming up, full of nerves, and feeling a little chilly. We were getting excited and the boys started first. The girls were right after them. I felt like the swim never ended but I tried to push myself. We all ended up doing well (hey, we finished!) We all beat our last time by about 30 minutes. I even took third place in my division! Afterward we all went to lunch before we went our separate ways but it was decided we are definitely doing another one, perhaps Dan and I will do the Olympic triathlon.

Ready to start!
This man rocks!
LJ Finishing the swim
Dan...on to the bikes!
Betsy starting the bike ride
Staci thinks she's funny....
Josh running, almost finished!
Hector finishing the run...
Kelsi passing the finish line!
Yep: 3rd place!
Betsy and Josh, so proud of them!
We did it!

2 comments:

  1. Linds, that is seriously amazing. I can't believe you keep doing that! I want to hear all about your training! Was it a sprint one? How did you find a training schedule? Any suggestions on clothing, ect?

    WAy to go!!! Nice way to start out the big 26!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shan! Thanks! I seriously love these things, I have only done sprint so far but am hoping to do an Olympic one in May! I actually didn't have a strict training schedule (though that would probably be best) I would run a 5k on the treadmill and I would also do a session on the Nike woman workout app (get it! it's free and kicks your butt!). I started riding my bike as many places as I could and focused on drinking a lot of water and tried to eat better: wheat bread, pastas etc. I make fruit and spinach shakes a lot as well (not as a meal replacement)I wore spandex shorts tank top that was breathable and dried quickly (on the first one). The second one I tried switching tank tops after the swim so I could have my number already pinned on, still working out which one is best. You HAVE to do one! Nice job on your race you did! I can't run like that!!!! Seriously though, let me know if you decide to do a tri or get the nike app! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete