Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines Celebration
February 8-10

So back in September Dan bought a night at a local bed and breakfast for half off. We couldn't go over my b-day so we decided to wait until his b-day because it would be cold outside. That weekend came but last minute his family came to town and we went to the cabin. It turned out to be a blast. I tried to book another weekend but it was almost completely booked and I noticed that I had missed the expiration date. Luckily they extended it for us for another few weeks so instead it turned out to be a b-day/valentine extravaganza. It was a lot of fun, we were able to be super lazy and sleep in. We even dressed up for dinner which was a lot of fun as well.Then it was back to reality...we are moving, not far but nonetheless....moving. So the packing began. Though we did take a break to hang out with Mike and Michelle. We all played Little Big Planet and I came in last every time but I at least finished most of the rounds. Then Michelle and I made freezer meals. Thanks to the inspiration of Mandi. It took about 1 1/2 hours of shopping and 2 hours of cooking but it made 5 big meals that should last us a good while. I am definitely not a cook or crafty but I have to say I have come a long ways since my college days.

Riter Mansion
Looks delicious ha ha 
I need to just say it has been a really cold year this year, this was taken back in January but I still wanted to put it up

 We have gotten a ton of snow this year, the whole bed of the truck was filled to the brim





2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the freezer meal idea.

    Good luck packing this weekend. I think we are still planning on sending NAvy your way to help out. She will be a great packer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made freezer meals? LJ, I'm impressed, that is coming a long ways from your cookie/brownie dough dinner days :) You should post the recepies! I want to try them!

    ReplyDelete