Friday, January 18, 2013

OH THE HOLIDAYS!
December 2012 - January 2013

PART I:
Though we were only going to be in Logan for about half of December we still decided to decorate. There is something about decorating your little apartment with your husband, your own little family. So we pulled out our decorations (which aren't much but hey, it's a little apartment with only two of us). Afterward we made hot chocolate and watched "It's a Wonderful Life." I do admit, it was my first time ever seeing it but I now understand why it is a classic. I loved it.
Friday December 7 we went to a work dinner party for Dan at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building which was a lot of fun. We got to dress up and I was able to meet a lot of his co-workers. Afterward we walked around Temple Square which was packed! Saturday Dan helped Brent Ventura fix some things in his basement and I spent the day setting up for Kelsi's Christmas Dance. We rented a U-haul and decorated the back. It looked awesome but pretty much two minutes after they got in the lights went out but hey, it was still an adventure! It had started snowing so we had to drive really slow. Staci Dan and I all drove in the cab of the U-Haul and we ate at a different table than Kelsi's group but it was really fun to be out and about. Kelsi looked so beautiful!

Temple Square
You can't see it but there are two big stuffed bears and carpet and disco balls inside
Arriving at the Dance
Kelsi and Isaac....cute

We usually head out early on the weekends but we decided to go to our ward Christmas party which turned out to be a lot of fun. They even had the Grinch there, these are the times we wish we had children so we don't look so creepy getting excited to see the Grinch ha ha. 

We spent the first week with the Bishop side.
On Saturday we got up early in order to see "The Hobbit". Free tickets thanks to my padre! It was so fun to see so many of both Dan and my friends. We ate a ton and one night even had dinner with the older ladies in my parents ward, thanks to my mom's great hosting. Dan even flirted with some of them. I did talk Dan into coming to Hot Yoga with me on Tuesday and on Wednesday we went to a luncheon with Elder L. Tom Perry before checking out City Creek and riding the trax/front runner home.
                                                     
We had a terrible picture at the luncheon so we're going with the trax pic 

The week went by so fast! Friday we had a cousin dinner with my mom's only sister and her family. It has been a while since we have seen them so that was a lot of fun. Saturday we....
Sunday...the big day! I know it's not Christmas but it was the day that the whole Bishop side did our Christmas gift exchange. It is probably one of my favorite days of the year. I love having all the mass chaos and fun. We even do a "no thank you gift" and that is always a riot. This year we bought a $4 TV from the D.I. It was a hit. 
 
Dan checking how thick the ice is on the pond
Bishop gift exchange...not everyone is in the picture, in total we had about 27 people.



No comments:

Post a Comment